Dear Valued Guests,
It is with great excitement and anticipation that we prepare to reopen our doors on 1st November 2020. In order to fulfil the heightened needs and expectations of our guests during this new era of travel, we would like to introduce you to the new measures that Huvafen Fushi will be taking to ensure your safety whilst in our care, and for your peace of mind.
Huvafen Fushi has always prioritized safety and the well-being of our guests and team members, and as we prepare to welcome you back, we are committed to providing you with a safe environment that is aligned with Government protocols.
Our precautionary measures outlined below are developed in line with guidance and information shared by the Maldives Health Protection Agency (HPA) and World Health Organization (WHO). We will actively monitor and evolve our solutions to ensure a continued focus on the health and safety of our guests and team members. On behalf of the entire team of Huvafen Fushi, we look forward sharing our Dream Island with you once again.
On behalf of the entire team of Huvafen Fushi, we look forward sharing our Dream Island with you once again.
Please find below a list of frequently asked questions about travelling to the Maldives and about our operations during this period. We have provided the official Government links as the requirements are revisited every 14 days, in order to ensure that the information given is valid and up to date.
The Republic of Maldives Immigration will provide answers to the following questions below in preparation of your arrival.
- DO I HAVE TO MAKE A BOOKING BEFORE I COME FOR MY HOLIDAY?
- HAS THE ENTRY VISA PROCESS CHANGED?
- DO I NEED A NEGATIVE PCR TEST RESULT TO GAIN ENTRY INTO THE MALDIVES?
- WHAT IS THE HEALTH DECLARATION FORM AND WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR FILLING IT IN?
- WILL I HAVE TO DO A COVID-19 TEST? WHAT KIND OF TESTS WILL BE DONE BEFORE I CAN GO TO MY HOTEL?
- WILL I HAVE TO PAY IF I GET RANDOM TESTING?
- DO I HAVE TO SPEND 14 DAYS IN QUARANTINE BEFORE I CAN START MY HOLIDAY?
- DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK?
- HOW WILL I KNOW SOCIAL DISTANCING PRACTICES TO FOLLOW AT THE AIRPORT?
- ARE THERE MEDICAL SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE HOTEL?
- CAN I VISIT A DIFFERENT ISLAND WHILE I AM HERE ON HOLIDAY?
- WHAT IF I HAVE TRANSIT NEEDS?
- DO I HAVE TO DO A COVID-19 TEST BEFORE I CAN LEAVE THE MALDIVES?
- WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE A SAFER HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE IN THE MALDIVES?
ARRIVAL TO THE MALDIVES
1. WHAT HAPPENS TO ME IF I HAVE A COLD/SYMPTOMS ON ARRIVAL?
- All tourists will undergo non intrusive temperature checks on arrival to the Maldives. You may also be chosen for a random Covid-19 PCR test by the Health Protection Agency. This is a voluntary test and the Maldives Government will pay the cost for random testing.
For all guests who exhibit any symptoms of Covid-19 on arrival, a PCR test will be required for all those travelling together. Testing will be conducted by the Health Protection Agency of the Maldives and you will need to stay in their care until results have been received.
2. WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET RANDOMLY PICKED FOR TESTING?
- Testing will be conducted by the Health Protection Agency (HPA) of the Maldives and you will be required to stay in their care until results have been received. If your results are positive for Covid-19, you will remain in the safe care of the Health Protection Agency.
3. WHAT HAPPENS IF I TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID19 ON ARRIVAL TO THE MALDIVES?
- If you test positive for Covid 19 on arrival to the Maldives, you will remain in the safe care of the Health Protection Agency
TRANSFER TO THE RESORTS
4. HOW ARE THE TRANSFERS TO THE RESORT MANAGED?
- Your speedboat transfer to the resort will be operating in accordance with the guidelines outlined by the Health Protection Agency, with the enhanced cleaning and safety measures in place. Our dedicated boat crew are fully trained on all safety protocols and are there to assist you.
5. WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS THE RESORT TRANSFER DUE TO DELAYS INSIDE THE AIRPORT?
- Our Airport staff will arrange transfer on the next available speedboat.
WHILST IN RESORT
6. WILL OUR BUNGALOWS STILL GET TWICE DAILY SERVICE?
- We are servicing the bungalows once a day until advised. Under the current circumstances, turndown service is not available.
7. DO WE HAVE TO WEAR MASKS ON THE RESORT?
- Masks will be required only in designated closed areas if applicable.
8. CAN I STILL GO ON EXCURSIONS?
- You may still go on selected excursions although the maximum numbers may be reduced.
9. CAN I PAY IN CASH?
- We would prefer debit/credit cards, but cash will be accepted.
10. WHAT MEDICAL FACILITIES DO YOU HAVE?
- Huvafen Fushi has an onsite medical centre which is staffed by a doctor. Our resort clinic is well equipped with the required medical facilities and the nearest hospital can be reached within 30 minutes by speedboat.
11. ARE BUFFETS STILL AVAILABLE AS PER NORMAL?
- We will be offering a full Al la carte menu during this period as well as having a small buffet area that will be manned by our staff to plate all requested item
12. DO WE NEED TO RESERVE A TIME TO DINE FOR OUR MEALS?
- In order to provide a safe and stress-free experience, we will be requiring reservations in all our restaurants for lunch and dinner. All reservations can be made directly with your Thakuru
13. ARE ALL THE RESTAURANTS AND BARS OPEN?
- Restaurants and bars are generally open, though opening days and hours may be affected based on occupancy of the resort.
14. WHAT TYPE OF EVENING ENTERTAINMENT IS AVAILABLE DURING THIS PERIOD?
- Live entertainment has been curtailed for the immediate future with our guest’s and team’s welfare taking priority.
15. ARE WE ABLE TO USE THE RESORT SWIMMING POOL WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS?
- Swimming pools can be used although the maximum numbers at any given time may be reduced to account for social distancing.
16. HOW DO YOU ENSURE SANITATION OF HOT TUBS AND POOLS IN THE ROOMS?
- Enhanced cleaning measures are in place for all hot tubs and pools. All bungalows are kept vacant 24 hours prior to new guest arrival.
17. WHAT HAPPENS IF I DEVELOP COVID-19 SYMPTOMS DURING MY STAY AT THE RESORT?
- In this event, we will notify the local health authorities and follow their advice. Testing and in-bungalow isolation will be required immediately. If your results are positive for Covid-19, you will be required to transfer to a designated accommodation in the care of the Maldives Health Protection Agency.
18. WHAT IF I REQUIRE A PCR TEST PRIOR TO MY DEPARTURE?
- For any guests that require a PCR test prior departure, the resort will arrange testing through a Government approved facility. This service should be requested at the time of reservation or on arrival to ensure sufficient time is allowed for the entire process. All costs associated with the PCR testing will be charged to guests. Pricing is available on request.