Types of Personal Data:
The ‘Personal Data’ refers to any information that identifies an individual such as:
- Name, Gender, Nationality, Mailing address, Date of birth
- Passport and visa information or other identification information
- Contact information including contact number, e-mail address, or other social medias available (wechat, viber, facebook, instagram)
- Guest’s stay information, including diverse preferences (pertaining to accommodation, service preference, facilities, amenities, ages of children or any other aspects of services used), health restrictions, and other personal identifying information
- Credit card or debit card details and account details
- Information or feedback provided regarding marketing preferences, in surveys, promotional offers, and those third parties
- Information collected whenever guest’s access the loyalty membership, the website or the mobile app
- By making a reservation
- By signing up with TSMIC loyalty programme – Maldives Aficionado (for Huvafen Fushi guests)
- By downloading mobile application
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative
- By registering on the website (ex. When making reservation & communication through WeChat)
If guests do not want to accept cookies, they can block them by adjusting the settings on the internet browser, however, guests will not be able to use all the features of the website.
Use of Data / Purpose:
Personal information is used in order to fulfill the commitment to:
- Providing superior customer service
- Increasing the convenience for guest’s present and future stays
- Keep guests informed about new products and services or upcoming promotions and exclusive offers, which we believe may be of guest’s interest
If guests do not wish to have the Personal Data processed for any of these Purposes, then they will have the opportunity to indicate this when they indicate the consent and unsubscribe on all communications.
Loyalty Programme: By signing up to Maldives Aficionado programme, members agree to share personal information and receive communications such as surveys, promotions, exclusive offers and all others relative to providing superior customer service.
Terms/consent will be published in Aficionado sign-up page. With this, all members will be automatically opted in.
For data collected through PMS/Opera, all guests are automatically opted in and will receive communication. Registration Forms/Cards indicate a data policy which is signed by guest upon check-in.
If guests wish to unsubscribe from receiving the email communications, guest has an option to “unsubscribe” wherein link is included in the footer of the emails
Personal Data Disclosure:
Guest personal data (for the purpose described above) may be transferred or disclosed to any company associated with The Small Maldives Island Co
Where a third party processes the Personal Information on behalf of Huvafen Fushi then such processing will be governed by a contract agreement. Huvafen Fushi will not disclose the guest’s personal data to outside third parties which are not part of Huvafen Fushi. Circumstances where we might make disclosure:
- Contracted Partners/Travel Agents, Service Providers and Suppliers
- Consumer Insights
- Credit Authorisation
- Legal Requirements
OPERA system is sitting behind the firewall, only selected staff and third-party interfaces can access guest’s profile via their specific credentials or through encrypted format.
Guests create User ID and Password to access personal data information in the Maldives Aficionado loyalty programme, whereby guests are entitled to make changes to any personal data relating to the profile held in database. Inside Huvafen Fushi, only selected staff and contractors have access to the server via their Password.
All reservation information is not accessible from outside Huvafen Fushi, hence, User ID and Password are not required for all the guests, otherwise, booked via website. Only selected Huvafen Fushi staff and contractors have access to the server via their Password.
*Please note: This policy is subject to change without prior notice.